Re: Glenbrook..... What was said?

Hi Rob

Robd <robd74@hotmail.com> wrote in message
384f0532@newsserver1.picknowl.com.au">news:384f0532@newsserver1.picknowl.com.au...
> Even if the driver was entering a section with the entry signal at stop,
> according to the rule book in my state the driver after taking his
order(if
> Absolute) or stopping and sounding warning device (if Permissive) he is
> supposed to proceed at caution, regardless of wether there is a broken
rail,
> fault, vandalism or a Train parked ahead as if everthing is working
> correctly and you come up to a permissive signal, that means that a train
is
> in the next section. So how could the signal man be in question?

What I am saying is that it is normal when authorised to pass a stick at
stop for the signaler to tell you if there is another train ahead.... it is
just common sense that he would tell the driver that there is a train
ahead.... What I am doing is wondering aloud, if the signaler told the
driver of W534 that there was a train in the section ahead... and if he'd
did, why would you authorise a train to pass a stick at stop with a train
ahead if the train required no assistance...  I am not saying that is what
happened, but it makes me wonder.... and that is why I think when the
transcripts of those communications become known, we will be in a far better
position to form an opinion as to what happened...

--
Cheers
Jack

Queensland beautiful one day perfect