Re: Peterbrough Station news Mon 6th Dec 1999.

Robin wrote:, the Ghan was non stop and loco in charge was NR19.

> I did notice that the car carrier was behind the Loco, Why I
> wonder.

G'day.
The motorail vehicle is always marshalled in the lead westbound out of
Sydney, as it is the last vehicle to be attached to the train prior to
departure.   Similarly, on the eastbound journey to Sydney, it is able
to be detached immediately on arrival and placed in the unloading dock.
There is usually a good reason for every established method of
working.   I'm told that normally, locomotives are placed at the front
of the train so that the crew can see where they are going !!!
Hunslet..