Re: Sydney airport railway - effect on buses

>   Best thing about the train (and I didn't find this out till it was
> too late) is that you check your bags in at Paddington and get your
> boarding passes AND you can do this any time during the day. As I
> didn't know I left my bags at the luggage room at the hotel, (as my
> flight was around 22:00) so I had to make a return trip to collect
> them. Would have saved me some serious messing around if I had of
> know. Of course because I had a one way ticket it was more expansive
> than half a return, but next time I will know and chatch the train!
This is like HK - I have heard so many convincing arguments about why
HKD60-80 is too  much for the trip in on the Airport Express - but none
matches the fact that you can put in your bags in the morning, get your
boarding pass at the same time, do what you have to do during the day, get
on the next train (every 10 minutes), walk of the train 30 min later,
straight through customs onto the plane. Definetely worth 80HKD