Re: 1307 to Yass.

Interesting claim Rasputin.

I believe that 1307 was withdrawn because of blown tube(s) in mid-1972.

The locomotive has been incomplete (no rods) for a long time - I saw it
that way in March 1973.  A photograph exists at
  http://www.cs.monash.edu.au/~ajh/trains/nsw/13class/1307+3046-1.jpg
on John Hurst's page  http://www.cs.monash.edu.au/~ajh/trains/

1307 wasn't so good when it was sent to Thirlmere in 1975.

Brett

In article <38446F6D.9DC500AC@fastlink.com.au>,
  Railway Rasputin <bob@fastlink.com.au> wrote:
> Just do a better job looking after it than the RTM
> BTW it has the best boiler of the 3 at the RTM. (Hint)
>
> rgds
>
> RHall1307 wrote:
> >
> > Beyer Peacock 4-4-2, 1307 will be transferred from RTM to Yass
Railway Museum
> > by road this Thursday. ETD Thirlmere is 08.30, travelling via Hill
Top to
> > Mittagong, then down the Hume Hwy. ETA Yass 12.30.
> > The move has been made possible with funding from State Rail
Heritage.
> > Bob Hall, Manager, Yass Railway Museum.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.