Re: Rail + Safety Records

Robd <robd74@hotmail.com> wrote in message
384765e6@newsserver1.picknowl.com.au">news:384765e6@newsserver1.picknowl.com.au...
> Working in the Rail Safety Industry myself, I would have to say that every
> system is as good as the money you spend on it. Or in other words,
somewhere
> in  probably every rail organisation there is an accountant drawing up the
> budgets for area's without any technical know how or input. So I guess
> anything that has anything to do with the government these days is
probably
> extremely risky.
> Regards
>
> Rob

Only government?
Private enterprise, traditionally, has been the one guilty of cutting
corners to maximise profit. Government, traditionally, spent the money to do
it right. Then came economic rationalism, demands to slash government
expenditure, and bring in the efficiency of private enterprise.

David