(Melb) Extraordinary movement, Maribyrnong Siding.

G'day to you all.

04/12/1999
0600 hrs Informed by secuity attachment that at 0510 hrs
an loco with eleven wagon was down the track.

0640 hrs up the line.
V/Line Freighter X-31with five VHEF and two VHQF all MT.

0920 hrs walk down the line with guard dog to see what
X31 brought in this morning, it consist of one VHQF
and ten VHEF, they had six empty wagon ready for pick
up on siding.

1500 hrs at the point of the Maribyrnong Siding.
Notice two rail photographer between Williamstown line and
Maribyrnong Siding. Must be something special coming.

1510 hrs down the line.
V/Line Freighter X-36 + V/Line loco X-48 with eleven VHEF
and four VHQF full of briquette.

1520 hrs on the corner of Wingfield & Maribyrnong Street.
Meet a rail photographer name of Rod Humable? with a video
camera, wait for X-36 & X-48 to came back up the track.

We had a little talk while waiting, this was the something special.
He inform me that the two loco combined was at it full pulling power
for the fifteen wagon of briquette, all the briquette are go to a ship at
Appleton Dock for export, plus their was another movement
(between 1300-1500 hrs) on the line to pick up the empty wagon, that
had to connected with a freighter known as "AUSLOCO".

1540 hrs up the line.
V/Line Freighter X-36 + V/Line loco X-48  only.

Regards
Capt. W. J. Somerville