Peterbrough Station news Sun 5th Dec 1999.

Good afternoon all, from Peterborough Station in the
Mid-North of South Australia, now that the shock of
the train smash is wearing of , I will get back to a bit
of train reporting,
1st in was the eastbound   Indian Pacific at 11:25
4 passengers were waiting, some having travelled
from Port Augusta , accompanied by loads of luggage
so yours truly gave a hand, passengers were relieved
to se the IP arrive on time ,  I think the driver knows that I like
a good smothering of black smoke, half the platform disappeared
in the smog . I noticed to car carries on the rear of the consist
, in my mind this is where it should always be on all consists
of The Ghan and the Indian Pacific, we don't need a fire along
 with the rest or the carnage after a crash , had the car trailers
 not  been where they were , behind the Power Van, try and
imagine the consequences."Fie / Explosion."
    Enough idle chatter for now  I have some interesting
photos of Peterborough Trains which will be ready on Tuesday.

Next train through was the quietest freight of all The Trailer Railer
eastbound on the main line , locos in charge NR112 NR101.

The eastbound TNT freight was next train through , at 16:45,
 onto the loop after having waited  1hr at Yongala, locos in
charge of an extra long train were NR22, NR43,NR30,
bogies on rear container have very noisy wheels."Square"

Bearly 8 minutes later the westbound TNT freight came racing
through on the main line,  at 16:55 , with a very noisy consist.
Locos in charge are NR74 and NR36.

I have a few worrying  questions on my mind about the NSW
crash, can someone help out.
1. Why were there no comms between the crew on the I/P
and those on the flowering Commuter Train.

2. Do both states use identical frequencies ,  and mobile Nos.

3. Dose any railway authority monitor the frequencies used
by the Loco Crews.

Photos: http://www.railpage.org.au/pix/Peterborough/
Email: stationmaster@ozemail.com.au
My Page : http://www.ozemail.com.au/~stationmaster/