Re: Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC) web site online

In article <37CFB50B.B7FF4CD7@ancc.com.au> David Langley <del@ancc.com.au> writes:
>From: David Langley <del@ancc.com.au>
>Subject: Re: Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC) web site online
>Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 21:46:19 +1000

>Peter Mason wrote:

>> My browser just told me to have a look at http://www.artc.com.au/
>>
>> What does the NG think?

>I just had a read of the section "Latest News". Yeah I know it is an old
>press release but I fell about the floor laughing when I read that ARTC
>did not think that the inland route to Darwin would not effect the Alice
>Springs to Darwin viability. I can't imagine one railway to Darwin let
>alone two. In a few days I'll probably be able to get up again.

>David.

Has anyone noticed how many senior executives and staff seem to work for this
organization,given they have only 11 clients.
Im also somewhat puzzled as to why you would need 33 train controllers to
control the 4400 km of track ,(works out at 1 controller per 133 km of
track),this seems way too high.
Does anyone know what corridors are controlled by each controller.?

Back in the old AN days ,there used to be 4 at Pt Augusta and 2 at Adelaide.
Allowing for the 2 extra to run Melb - Albury and Melb - Wolseley this only
makes for 24 if all routes worked 3 shifts .

MD