Re: Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC) web site online

Maurie Daly wrote in message ...

>Has anyone noticed how many senior executives and staff seem to work for
this
>organization,given they have only 11 clients.
>Im also somewhat puzzled as to why you would need 33 train controllers to
>control the 4400 km of track ,(works out at 1 controller per 133 km of
>track),this seems way too high.
>Does anyone know what corridors are controlled by each controller.?
>
>Back in the old AN days ,there used to be 4 at Pt Augusta and 2 at
Adelaide.
>Allowing for the 2 extra to run Melb - Albury and Melb - Wolseley this only
>makes for 24 if all routes worked 3 shifts .
>
>MD

But this assumes they don't work on weekends or get RDOs. I think you would
find that one postion 24 hours a day 7 days a week = 84 shifts per 4 weeks.
If each employee works 19 shifts each 4 weeks that would require
approximately 4.4 persons per postion. Plus you have to allow for holidays.

Barry Campbell