Re: Footy Trams and Trains (was Re: Photos X47, 8124, progress at Appleton Dock)

: : > > Prince's
: : >
: : > Is the correct spelling. It's the male version plural.

: : If it's plural, then it should be "Princes". With an apostrophe it's
: : possessive.

: : The Melway shows it as "Princes" (without apostrophe).

Sorry I forgot to Add with Princes Park it is the park belonging to
the Prince, therfore in correct grammar it would be Prince's Park, but
as I have said No place name has an apostrophe, so it was removed (in
the 1930's ??) hence Princes Park.  It is not the plural.

: No place name in Victoria (and possibly Australia) has an
: apostrophe in the name.  It was changed a while ago.
: Hence it is Princes Park.

: So please when typing a place name, it might be grammatically
: correct don't put in the apostrophe.

: --

: Chris Gordon
: http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord