Re: Bethungra Spiral

WhaleOilBeefHooked <daproc@spambait.umpires.com> wrote in message 7qlv1p$eov$1@news1.mpx.com.au">news:7qlv1p$eov$1@news1.mpx.com.au...
Best railway magazines? Surely you jest! It was good for photos, but the standard of it's news coverage left a lot to be desired. And where is it now? If it was truely "the best" it would still be around.

> DaveP
We will have to agree to disagree.  If you read carefully then you would have noticed I didn't say it was the best but one of the best. I thought it's news coverage was good, critical and independent of the propaganda put out by 'Network'.  At the time another rail magazine was launched but the market was too small for two independent rail magazines and both folded.  The void has somewhat been filled by Railway Digest expanding to a 'National" coverage.  'Railway Transportation' magazine is also no longer around but most rail enthusiasts would have considered it a good magazine.