Re: Hillside Trains (Vic)

On Thu, 2 Sep 1999, Exnarc wrote:

> Your right in many ways, however (I assume you are in Sydney?) Sydney is
> (apart from the obvious)<g> different from Melbourne, Melbourne has many
> more open level crossings (Booms) and pedestrian crossings than Sydney.

Bob,

Nope, I am Melbourne boy.  I have to admit, I keep an eye on the sparks
and have visited Sydney a few times.
Agreed on level crossings.

> Someone else raised the question of headlights, that could also improve
> visibility. The point is, the rail operators have a "Duty of Care", so if
> they can come up with something more effective why not try it?

True.  All Melbourne sparks have headlights on day or night.
Headlights were banned on Sydney sparks until recently, even at night!
Headlights are now being retrofitted, and they are now to be used when
ever possible (AFAIK).

Gareth

              Nothing is so smiple is can't be screwed up.
 Gareth Lumsden     s9763278@minyos.its.rmit.edu.au    glums112@yahoo.com
 Gareth's Railway Web Page        http://minyos.its.rmit.edu.au/~s9763278