Re: V/Line Pass

Hello Greg,

Greg Triplett wrote:

> I'm not surprised at what you say. I live in a smaller
> country town than you and we're about to run out of water.
> The extensive garden we have built lovingly over the last 15
> years will probably be destroyed due to lack of water and
> I'm too old to rebuild it. The basic reason for the water
> shortage is lack of capital investment in infrastructure.

Hmm, I would have thought that a lack of rain (and yes I know we can't blame him for that even if he does think he is God) would be the cause of the lack of water for your garden.

> Having said that I hope that I can also see the big picture
> as to why there is a lack of capital and look foward to the
> situation improving in time.

Will never improve whilst the upper end of the population continue to engineer ways of ripping off the system to the detriment of the workers. And remember that Jeff is a very very minor bit player in all of this really. We all know that Sir Humphrey actually runs the country and he is run
by the "City". You know, chaps in the city......etc etc.

> BTW I think Jeff's an arrogant arsehole too. However he's
> not there to be nice and neither was Lee Kwan Yew.
>
> Anyway I've rabbitted on enough, we'e supposed to be talking
> about trains (g)

My sentiments exactly. But I'll bet it's not the last time this subject is aired on this ng.

David.