Re: Indian Pacific Crash

Exnarc wrote:

> Thanks David for your explanation, however after seeing Notagunzel's photos
> there are switch stands, as well as search lights, I assume, if my informant
> was correct, the crew member must have pressed the button in the path of the
> IP??

Yes I chatted with him and that's what he said. I can't remember seeing the
switch stands but the searchlight point indicators were certainly there. And yes
I agree that your last comment is the most plausible and possibly caused by the
longer hours being worked leading to a lack of concentration.

Our last visit to SA in March 1999 we noticed that Tent Hill had been altered as
there were machines around and a brief look at the down end showed that some
work had been done but nothing particularly obvious. I think we were ahead of
the alterations Notagunzel mentioned. The loop though looked as though it had
been extended a little (about 3 or 4 vehicles) at that end.

David.