Re: Hillside Trains (Vic)

>I am assuming Hillside are simply 'making their presence felt' and are
>simply applying temporary stickers only.  I would have thought they would
>remove the Met logos though - a lot of the general public still think
>their train service is run by the Met, and leaving the old logos on will
>still make them believe this.
>
>What ever the new livery is, I have been told it will still involve
>diagonal stripes on the front (some rubbish about visibility).  (Note that
>Bayside trains stickered sets still have the stripes - just repositioned
>between the headlights.

Actually given both of the companies have orange in their corporate colours
(BS-blue and orange, HS-black and orange), I was hoping for a return to the
original Comeng colours of orange and grey. Would save on work and new
stickers, many Comengs seem to have the original orange stripes beneath the
peeling green and gold and orange fibreglass fronts under the peeling yellow
paint, especially noticeable when looking down from overbridges.

The seats are in the corporate colours already in a lot of cases...8^)