Re: Freight Vic should rail more cement

Doug Mason wrote in message <7q4sfu$mfl$1@nnrp1.deja.com>...
>For Freight Vic to cart cement traffic back to the Goulbourn Valley it
>is not really going to be very profitable for them to bring in about
>half a dozen wagons a week, to one cement distributor

Correct me if I am wrong Doug but that distributor based in Shepparton
formally Known as Geelong Cement who railed raw material to the silo acted
as a central receival and dispatch point for the towns mentioned  in your
thread, and thus trucked to these locations. The Boral plant in Tatura is
just a ready mix supply company as is the plant in Shepparton and it's
competitors Mawson's and Shepp Mix.

Cheers
Thommo