Re: Marinus makes headlines again

David Bromage wrote:

> Stephen Devenish wrote:
> > Heywood to Millicent wasn't really abandoned, but left out for the night and
> > never allowed back in.  In 1995 when we where regauging down that way the
> > PTC wanted us to regauge through to Mt. Gambier but the big dollars where
> > nowhere to be seen and the idea was scrapped.  A number of private investors
> > have approached us to look at regauging this line, but no money was found.
> > If they want to reopen it it will have to be regauged and a turnout
> > installed at Heywood? I cannot remember if it was removed.
>
> Who actually owns Mt Gambier to Millicent now? Is it the SA government?
>
> With any luck, Heywood will become a triangular junction.
>
> Cheers
> David

The line from the Victoria Border to Millicent (if it goes that far - it
may only go to the paper works at Snuggery) is owned by the SA
Government as is the line from Wolseley to Mt. Gambier.   Part of the
latter is leased to the Limestone Coast Railway, or they at least use
it.

Is anyone from the South East who might know listening?????

Neil