Re: Indian Pacific hits freight train - Who's the Responsible Investigating body?

>If however , the Rail Authority has done none of these, then they are
>expecting us to beleive that sanding from a steam loco can make the track ccts
>fail in a dangerous mode , but not sand from diesels or electrics.
>Hardly beleivable one would think.
>Prior to the 3801 incident had the SRA , or indeed any other Railway in this
>country issued warnings about sanding in track circuited terrain?
>
>MD

There used to be a sign at the sand bin at Murphys Creek at the base of the climb to Toowoomba that
drivers had to check the amount of sand they had left and if needed, to refill [I think.. either
there or somewhere very similar].

I think that track has recently [ within last few years] been changed to CTC.

Anyone know if QR drivers still have to check sand there now that track signals are in place?

What I am really looking for if drivers still use sand now that electronic signals are in place on
the steep climb to Toowoomba or has sanding been discouraged now electronic signals are in place?

Cheers
Peter Cokley
http://homepages.msn.com/PicnicPl/petan-oz