Re: Indian Pacific hits freight train - Who's the Responsible Investigating body?

David Johnson <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
37C414A6.71968065@ozemail.com.au">news:37C414A6.71968065@ozemail.com.au...
> Exnarc wrote:
>
> > What caused that derailment of the Tangara on the North Shore a few
months
> > ago?? Speed I would assume, that wasn't an NRC crew was it!!!
>
> In all accidents, there a number of contributing factors.  The Tangara
(which
> was on the main North, not the North Shore) was doing just under the track
speed
> for the section.  The driver was then faced with a turnout signal that he
was
> not expecting for a number of reasons.  It should all be in the report.
>
> > likewise the
> > prang with 3801 a few years ago wasn't a NRC crew either.
>
> This was not crew error.  That was caused by too much sand on the track
and the
> signalling system not being able to cope with it.
>
> The majority of NRC crews are very professional and do an excellent job
under
> trying conditions.  There are, however, a few cowboys who give the rest a
bad
> name.

Very true I'm sure, but wouldn't this also apply to CityRail, Country Link,
and Freight Corp? Or is this (Cowboy element) just restricted to NRC???

Bob