Re: Indian Pacific hits freight train - Who's the Responsible Investigating body?

> Come on David the sand on Cowan bank thing was a major cop out i do
> not believe for one second the whole train was insulated from the
> track circuit the probability of that would be infinitesimal that
> story was to appease the press!!!
> regards Paul Johnston (MNRC)

Me thinks that you have not had much experience with audio frequency track circuits.
Sand was a real issue although not necessarily the only issue. As we have learnt from
experience over the years, all "incidents" are generally caused by more than one
break down in proper working.

David.