Re: Melbourne: interesting bits / sightings today

SNIPPED>>>>
. We had overshot by 2.5 carriage lengths, driver makes
> announcement "there will be a delay in opening the doors" and walks the
wet
> way to the down end of the train to drive it back into place. Okay,
nothing
> too exciting.

Actually what was interesting was that he changed ends!
He should have been able to set back, don't remember where the Auto is, but
if he only put two cars off the Plat.,something else must have happened.
..oh Yes forgot Driver Only!!

> SNIPPED>
> Then just as i thought things were interesting enough to regret taking
> along my camera, through Platform 2 came P11 (heading up), ok nothing
> unusual, probably doing a loco changeover from the Stony Point line... but
> behind it was set FN9, then P15 behind (running push/pull). First time ive
> ever seen a P or any amount of P's at the head of an N set of any sort.
> Does anyone know what happened here?

Would not have been in push-pull mode, as the N set is not cabled to allow
both units to power. I suspect that the second unit was supplying HEP and
the first Motive Power, this sometimes happens when a shortage of
Locomotives puts two defective units out to do one job.

Guess who is negotiating to take over the N's from StageCoach as the
Railmotors begin to replace the Loco Hauled trains????
Rod ;o)