Re: Fast Ferries to Compete with Trains

> > Journey times look a little optimistic to me.  As an ex boatie who
> navigated
> > through Broken Bay and into Brisbane Water on many occasions, it used to
> > take about 20 minutes or so just going through the Rip area which has an 8
> > knot limit!

Can you imagine as I can (I am an ex. Central Coast resident and commuter) ,
what infrastructures would have to be put in place at Ettalong for the "Fast
Ferry" and not to mention the disruption to local long term aged -voting-
residents of the Peninsula area??!!

Just from the $ costing view.......a ferry from Ettalong would be the only
viable choice due to the time gained from not having to negotiate the Brisbane
Waters inside the Rip Bridge.  There is no where near the road capacity nor
parking.

Just a few thoughts to munch on

John Godfrey