Re: Footy Trams and Trains (OFF-TOPIC ALERT)

On Tue, 24 Aug 1999 13:55:00 +1200, Dave McL
<davemcl@AXE*THISiprolink.co.nz> wrote in aus.rail.bombers.flag99, and
I selectively quote:

>Please, which of the former footie grounds I knew so well is now called
>Optus Oval?

David,

Princes Park.

FYI, Geelong is now Shell Stadium, Docklands is Colonial Stadium (BTW
I'll have photos of Colonial on my web site by 0030 tomorrow, showing
the lack of a Melbourne Yard and 4 BLs in the background).

AFL has wanted to get rid of Optus Oval as a venue for some time, but
John Elliott seems determined to keep it as the Carlton home ground.
There's apparently a contract that says x number of games will
continue to be played there for y number of years, but IIRC the ground
is losing money every year (I'm a bit hazy on the details as it;s only
Carlton we're talking about <g,d,r,vvf!>).

Regards

Yuri
--
Yuri J Sos