Re: Oakleigh

David Langley wrote:

> Christopher_Martin GORDON wrote:
>
> > I have updated up Oakleigh Signalling page to include the pull chart.
> >
> > I have no idea why they have a stupid pull chart which is totally
> > different from normal pull charts.  But it is there any way.
>
> It may be stupid to you (reason please) but to the engineer who put it
> there, probably perfectly normal. Have you seen the pull chart from
> Flinders Street D, West Tower or Camberwell all similar panels i.e. route
> setting panels.

OK, I'll bite. It seems stupid to me too. Reason: a pulling list
involving points is essentially meaningless for a route setting panel
where the buttons set the complete routes, because the signaller does
not have to do anything with the points individually. In other words,
the pulling list is telling him to do things which he does not have to
do.

It seems silly enough for an OCS panel; it would be one stage sillier
for NX.

So back in your court, David. What purpose DOES it serve? The only
constructive thing I can think of is that it would define the required
positions for each individual set of points if they were to be set
individually rather than via the route setting, perhaps because the
route setting was not responding for some reason???????? Is it a sort of
diagnostic tool along the lines of "if the route won't set, check that
the points are in the required positions?" That could surely be done by
commonsense without requiring a pulling list format.

Eddie