Re: Freight Vic should rail more cement

Doug Mason wrote in message <7pqllk$d86$1@nnrp1.deja.com>...
>During July when I was working next to Borol in Tatura, I could not
>help but notice the amount of supply trucks that went into Borol.  This
>then made me wonder if this amount of cement trucks went in there a
>week, then there must be a hell of a lot coming to the Shepparton area
>to supply cement.  So basically why isn’t there a central place in the
>regain that cement is taken to for distribution to local cement
>dealers, like Borol.  The cement could simply be railed in then trucked
>out to the cement dealers seems simple enough.
>
>Doug

It wasn't that long ago that Shepparton had a facility to do just that, with
the silos only recently been removed. But that was back in the halcyon days
of Government owned railways where no-one gave a dam, perhaps now with
Vinces head on the chopping block Freight Victoria can again look at these
options of regaining this lost freight . I also believe there is also a
niche in the fresh milk industry, with  lines going past the Kraft factory
at Strathmerton, Murray Goulburn Cobram and Nestl'e Tongala, rail transport
could interchange  with the various other dairy produce companys throughout
Victoria also abutting rail.  Currently I see the  B- Doubles doing this
work around the state.

Thommo