Re: Who's Quokka? Richard Muirden speaks

Blofelds Cat wrote:
> Dion Turner wrote:
> > You're an arsehole. Piss off.
> Made for an interesting read, eh?
> Funny! If such a thing is said on Jerry Springer, it's entertaining
> - if said on a newsgroup, it's offensive trolling. Springers and
> eyes-gouged-outs!!!! (a rather expansive stretching of the old
> 'swings and roundabouts' analogy, for the US-sitcom impaired).

  That's because you choose to watch Springer or not.  A better
analogy is little bits of Springer flashing up in the middle of
episodes of Seachange for no apparent reason.  It's neither wanted
nor expected in that venue.

-------------- Revenant [revenant@interact.net.au] -------------------
If I take a lamp and shine it towards the wall, a bright spot will
appear [...]. The lamp is our search for truth, for understanding.
Too often we assume that the light on the wall is God, But the light
is not the goal of the search, it is the result of the search. [...]
- G'kar, "Meditations on the Abyss" - Babylon 5.