Re: Food on commuter trains

After travelling 8 years on Gosford - Sydney service I think the idea of a food service is a good one, especially during delays, but here are a few problems.

1) Double deckers are not friendly to trolley services.
2) The passengers standing near the food service area would not appreiate all the people coming back and forward, anyone standing near the toilet on Friday afternoon will know what it is like to have the tourists and weekender using the toilet every 2 mins.Wouldn't think it would work if they are caring food. A ferry is a bit more friendly to this.
3) What about the fights when someone goes to get a munchy and comes back to find their seat taken.
4) The driver/guards cabin is usually locked and prevents through traffic.

overall, a great idea, but not on a crowded commuter train, perhaps a vending machine in every 2nd carriage.
What would be good is when a train is held up at station for hours, would be cityrail sending around some basic food for everyone, the airlines do it. Having spent may hours at one station goiung trough dinner time,I know how it feels. But no good for the stranded trains, midstation.

Shane