Re: Railway Museum or Theme Park?

John Wayman wrote in message <7pkpa7$hgq$1@news1.mpx.com.au>...

>Should a railway museum display its exhibits to show them as they looked
>when in service, or are railway museums just railway theme parks for the
>indulgences of museum workers and the general population?

All of the above. The museums would not get up and running without the
efforts of the museum workers, most of whom are volunteers. Without them,
most of the junk they hold (oops, I mean exhibits) would have been scrapped
ages ago. Surely it is better to have something that is 90% accurate than
nothing at all?

DaveP
(Not a musuem worker)