Re: Re-nationalisation of Rail in Britain?

There was an excellent analysis of the bungles that occurred in the UK's rail
privatisation in The Economist about 4-6 weeks ago. A number of companies and
individuals have made huge windfall profits, while services are deteriorating.
Further, there is evidence that the rail infrastructure (vested in RailTrack)
is not being improved, and may even be running down. The Economist was saying
that some difficult decisions will have to be made, and legislation passed to
reverse the trends. A fine example of how not to do it!

Bill