Re: Radio Scanners

David Rowe wrote in message <37b6a606@dnews.tpgi.com.au>...

>Hi all.
>
>I'm thinking about buying a scanner to monitor the railway frequencies. Can
>someone recommend a good quality unit? I would prefer a handheld so that I
>can carry it with me. Any help will be appreciated
>
>Thanx
>David
>QLD

For best overall results and price you can't go past a Uniden.  The Bearcats
have good sensitivity, something lacking in Realistic scanners.
The Bearcats only drawback is that the battery pack can be hard to replace,
so  my 200XLT is now hard wired in my car, with an external aerial on the
roof, it works great!

I now use a Camnis, it is not as sensitive as the Bearcat, but you can use
AA size batteries either rechargeables or ordinary.

At least 100 channels is the minimum these days.

Regards, GF.