Re: On time running of CityRail suburban services

>   Someone correct me if I am wrong but us I understand it the trains
> are required to stop and wait if ahead at specific stations only.
> Times at other stations are indications only. When I caught trains
> Kings Cross to Rockdale the trains often seem to wait at Martin Place
> when a little early as well a central (but for different reasons).
----------------
>  Ashley Wright, Canberra, Australia  ajwright@nospam.ozemail.com.au
>  www:  http://www.ozemail.com.au/~ajwright   Do not reply to my email.
Delete word 'Spam'.

No, the Guard is not supposed to leave any station early no matter where it
is. With Martin Place, 2 mins is given from Kings Cross and that is more
than adequate and a lot of the time outside the peaks hardly anyone is the
there. The staff are also very good with their right aways to the Guard and
stick to the correct departure time. At Central the delay is often caused by
the Guard having to wait the required 1 min before departing without a right
away as the staff there leave a little to be desired at times.