Re: Radio Scanners

Hello

My first scanner was a Uniden UBC 60XLT (I think that its model no.). It
had only 10 channels but was OK for NSW when basicly only one channel
was used, 450.050. However, with the new radio systems using multiple
frequencies it has become useless. I have now upgraded to a Uniden
UBC120XLT (available from Dick Smith-$300).
It is a ripper, has a 100 channel memory as well as a search function,
ie. enter the low and high limits and it will search for any operating
frequency in that band. I recently used it in QLD on the 75th aniversary
run of the Sunshine Express from Brisbane to Cairns, it was great on
that trip as the radio frequencies were changing every 10-20 km and by
using the search function you did not miss anything.
My suggestion would be to go for a model with at least 100 channels.

Graham Fry