Ballarat Workshops sold

Gday All.

Front page news in the "Ballarat Courier" Friday 13/8/1999,
Ballarat Workshops have been sold to Alstom for $8 million.
Blurb says repairs and maintenance of existing (Hillside?)
fleet will take place there as well as the construction of
new trains.

Apparently the workshops have only recently been refurbished
with much new equipment installed.

Now we need a loco painted up into Hillside colour scheme
to haul the suburban sets to and from Ballarat.... :-)
--
Regards, Robbie,
Driver, Hillside Trains,