Re: Some boservations.

Having lived and worked in the USA (enjoyed every minute of it) and continue
to work with them every day, I cannot see Aus becoming like America anytime
soon. There are large differences in attitude and culture (that won't happen
here without similar history), some of which I found  to be good and
refreshing, others not so. One of the good things was a much more posotive
outlook on life in a lot of the USA. Here, we just knock everything, our own
country included even though it is one of the best places in the world to
be. On the whole I found Americans to be genuine, polite and friendly if
occasionally a little lacking in knowledge about the outside world.

I think this Americanisation thing is just not going to happen. In addition
they run the best freight trains in the world! IMHO