Some boservations.

With the NFL game at Olympic Park today (San Diego and Denver, I think), the
opportunity was taken to test the transport system on non-Sydney residents.

Spending about an hour at Sydney Central this morning, there were large
numbers of Americans heard (how can you NOT hear them!!!!!) The overwhelming
opinion from them was that it was fairly easy for them to find their way
around. This augurs well for September 1999.

Getting to Olympic Park, the signage and P.A. announcements were fairly
clear, and there was no room for ambiguity. This was to be expected of
course, but one wonders what the will do next year when their are large
groups of non-English speaking visitors to the games. They were helped on
this occasion by the fact that Americans speak English (well, sort of!)

Getting away was pretty good as well. I managed to get on the second train
going to my destination - the first one was fully loaded.

All up, a good learning experience for SOCOG, ORTA and CityRail.

DaveP

(p.s. the football was BORING - what do people see in American Football?)