Re: New ASR crew car - ex Overland sleeper

Chris Drymalik wrote:

> Went past Islington yesterday and noticed on the former overland sleepers
> that was being converted to a crew car for ASR has been sunted outside the
> shops. I don't know which car it is, but it is painted orange with a silver
> roof. The stainless steel of unpainted. Looks very similar to former
> Vinelander cars.
>
> --
> Cheers
>
> Chris Drymalik - drymalik@arcom.com.au
> Web site: http://www.railpage.org.au/comrails - Commonwealth Rollingstock
> information

The Vinelander cars were mostly converted Overland cars.  The nameboards
reading "Vinelander" on the side of each car was painted in the same font as
the "Overland" and the cars were a blue and silver, instead of ochre and silver
as the "Overland" was until it's recent refurbishment.  In fact the cars may be
old Overland stock that has been released now that GSR has used put old Indian
Pacific cars onto the Overland (which in fact went past here a few minutes ago,
we live beside the line between Blackwood and Glenalta).

Jackson