Re: 82's Leading Patricks West. - Where are they now?

In article <37afba6c.2105672@news.bigpond.com> gonoNOCRAP@bigpond.com writes:
>From: gonoNOCRAP@bigpond.com
>Subject: Re: 82's Leading Patricks West. - Where are they now?
>Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 05:38:13 GMT

>On Tue, 10 Aug 1999 03:24:48 GMT, mauried@commslab.gov.au (Maurie
>Daly) wrote:

>>This is a difficult question but does anyone have any idea of what a full load
>>for an 82 thru the Adelaide Hills is ?
>>It will / should be more than an 81 / BL or  an NR due to the more powerful
>>traction motors.
>>
>>Thanks
>>MD
>My guess Maurie would be the same as a DL they both have 710 12
>cylinder engines.
>regards Paul Johnston (MNRC)

Thanks Paul .
Its not an easy comparison due mainly to the much differant weights and the
totally differant traction motors,(DLs are quite lightweight 118T against the
132T of the 82s .
The biggest differance is the continous tractive effort of 413 kn for the 82s.
(Gruntiest 3000HP loco in the country.)
Unfortunately railpage dosent give a starting tractive effort for 82s.
Maybe ASR will do some load trials to find out.

cheers
MD