Re: Tilt train to Rockhampton......

> >Does any one know what maximum speed the Tilt Train to Rockhampton is
allowed to travel, and where this occurs ?

> >Also does the train still travel beside the streets in Rockhampton, or
hasthe configuration been changed ?

The main line to Rockhampton parallels the Bruce Highway in a number of
locations.  I thought I observed a number of 170km/hr beside the line in the
Rockhampton - Gladstone section.  I would have thought the section of track
around Bundaberg where the Australian speed record was set would also be
posted as 170km/hr.

Rockhampton railway station is on the city's southern outskirts.  Denison
Street where the railway runs down the road is further to the north and is
not electrified.