Re: RSA & NRR to Brisbane

In article <ukUq3.35$xO6.521380@news0.optus.net.au> "WhaleOilBeefHooked" <daproc@spambait.umpires.com> writes:
>From: "WhaleOilBeefHooked" <daproc@spambait.umpires.com>
>Subject: Re: RSA & NRR to Brisbane
>Date: Sat, 07 Aug 1999 10:59:38 GMT

>Maurie Daly wrote in message ...

>>Can you quote a year when this happened?

>Back in the 50's and 60's - I had a photo somewhere (long time ago) of a 42
>at South Brisbane interstate.

>>Prior to the creation of NRC when 81s started running on the Nth Coast Line
>>the Nth Coast Line was exclusively Alco locos, no GMS .

Some confusion here.
The 421s didnt exist until Dec 1965,so if you have a photo of one in the 50s
then you must own a time machine.
Its certainly possible that 42s got to Brisbane but thats not what the
original post was about .
The 44s took over this line from when they were introduced in 1957,so at the
best there would have only been a period of 2 years when 42s could have been
used.

MD