Re: RSA & NRR to Brisbane

Maurie Daly wrote in message ...

>Can you quote a year when this happened?

Back in the 50's and 60's - I had a photo somewhere (long time ago) of a 42
at South Brisbane interstate.

>Prior to the creation of NRC when 81s started running on the Nth Coast Line
>the Nth Coast Line was exclusively Alco locos, no GMS .

Only in the 70's and 80's. They transferred all the GM's down south to make
maintenance eaier - there were only ever 36 mainline GM's before the 81's,
so it would be easier to concentrate spares this way.

>The Brisbane Limited Express was rostered always for 2 X 44S ,the Brisbane
>Express when it ran was either 1 X 44 or 2 X 44,the Grafton Mail was 1 X
>44 or 1 X 45 .
>AFAIK the 421s were exclusively used on the Main Sth and to a
>lesser extent on the Western Line to Broken Hill when the IP started
>running.
>It would have been rare to even get one to Broadmedow.

Definitely had a photo of a 421 at Sth Brisbane interstate. The working did
not last overly long though.

DaveP