Re: Portland (Vic) Cable Tram

Well this sounds like a very optimistic plan for a city the size of Portland
(less than 10,000 population and not on a super-major tourist route).

Good luck to them - but it sounds like $21,043 won't go far - they will need a
six figure grant to build 4.5km of track.

How much of the route exists already?  Is any part of the service operational
yet?  If so, what are the oprating times etc?