Re: Uncle Sam carriage (Sydney): Question

trendy rechauffé wrote in message ...
>Does anyone have any info or a picture of the Uncle Sam carriage that ran
>during the late seventies? It was part of an advertising campaign for the
>Uncle Same brand of shampoos and other Uncle Sam products. (I can no longer
>recall what they were).

I can remember the carriage in question - it was a single deck trailer of
around 1940 vintage (with the larger vestibules and double doors separated
by a pillar) and the advertising was so crass and such an abomination (both
inside and outside the car) that I was inspired to write the then Transport
Minister (Peter Cox?) and tell him exactly what I thought of it.  I think
Uncle Sam was a product line of the Samuel Taylor group, the Mortein (louis
the fly) people.

Regards

David Bennetts
Canberra