Re: industrial action by cityrail train guards - 22 july

In article <37AAFEB9.B71F294F@ozemail.com.au>,
  trainman@ozemail.com.au wrote:
> gonoNOCRAP@bigpond.com wrote:
>
> > Dear David & Bob in reality how long after the sydney 2000 olympics
do
> > you think that NSW will have suburban guards on any train ???
> > I am taking bets that they will last till the next working day after
> > the closing ceremony!!
>
> The guards job will not be changed until at least 2003.  I can see DOO
during off
> peaks with 4 car trains, but not during peak times.
>

> David Johnson
> trainman@ozemail.com.au
> http://www.ozemail.com.au/~trainman/
>
> I heard something similar, with the tangara as DOO due to the coupling
procedure and the older type will remain coupled as 8cars for peak hours
and specials.  Yet the issue of safety or a proactive system in health
and safety remains let out of the equation.  The fight on lowering
standards to be 'competitive'  (to what?) is killing jobs
paul hayes, (public transport workers rank & file)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/