Re: industrial action by cityrail train guards - 22 july

On Fri, 6 Aug 1999 10:27:34 +1000, "Exnarc" <gwrly@netspace.net.au>
wrote:

>David Johnson <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
>37A9A8B5.3045086@ozemail.com.au">news:37A9A8B5.3045086@ozemail.com.au...
>> zambuck@my-deja.com wrote:
>>
>> > In regard to the RTBU bulletin 92/99.   What industrial action was taken
>> > on the 22nd july?   It mentions bans placed on chubb security oficers
>> > before 7pm.
>>
>> Security Guards were not to be allowed to patrol trains until after 19:00.
>>
>> > What security training will cityrail guards need to sell tickets and
>> > issue fines, as outlined in the bulletin.  good luck.
>>
>> Great - more guards being attacked.
>>
>> --
>> David Johnson
>> trainman@ozemail.com.au
>> http://www.ozemail.com.au/~trainman/
>>

>I have a distant memory of Melbourne's MET guards refusing to sell tickets
>once.
>
>Then again I have distant memories of Melbourne's MET Guards!!!!!
>
>Bob.

Dear David & Bob in reality how long after the sydney 2000 olympics do
you think that NSW will have suburban guards on any train ???
I am taking bets that they will last till the next working day after
the closing ceremony!!
regards Paul Johnston (mnrc)