Re: Tunnels

Chris Stratton <stratton.chris.cp@nospam.bhp.com.au> wrote in message
7oavem$m8g107@atbhp.corpmel.bhp.com.au">news:7oavem$m8g107@atbhp.corpmel.bhp.com.au...

I looked at a few books last night and I missed the Metropolitan tunnel
between Helensburgh and Lilyvale, there are also 4 Omega tunnels not 2. From
other posts I notice I forgot the Canberra/Cooma lines altogether and there
are two tunnels at Hawkesbury not one. BHP also has a tunnel on  the line to
O'Brien's Drift at Mount Kembla.

If you want to include disused tunnels there are:
Five between Stanwell Park and Waterfall
Picton
Bowral
Box Vale tramway
Lapstone
Clarence and Zig-Zag (used by ZZR now)
Two on Wolgan Valley Railway
Marangaroo,
Richmond Vale Railway (s it 2 or 3 tunnels?)
I think there was also a tunnel at Merewether in Newcastle.

There is also the never used tunnel on the never built line from Gulgong to
Maryvale.
--
Regards,
Chris Stratton