National Bus Comapny

That is amazing that after all the time that national still hasnt got the
metcard validtors...i moved to los angeles in December so i have been on a
NBC bus in a while but from what i remember is that they are now the only
operator in Melbourne not on metcard and selling the old MEt paper tickets.
Initially National drivers would tell you off if u had a metcard and it
wasnt validated but in September 98 the policy was changed and they have to
accept ALL METCARDS....which means you could by a 2 hr metcard from seven
eleven or whoever and use it for unlimited travel on national buses for
eternity or at least until they get the validators.... had i still been in
Melbourne i was have had 7 months worth of travel on National Buses for
$2.20...wow what a bargain....that too me sounds like a user friendly
transport system....

I believe the problems of the validators being installed was due to a
contractual dispute that deals with the unusual contract that national went
under...as a result all gates at the train station must have a least one
opening for those customers on national that can only purchase the paper
met tickets...

Rob