Re: Concord West - Availability of Accident Report

C. Dewick wrote:

> In <37A5B4B9.53FFCCA0@ozemail.com.au> David Johnson <trainman@ozemail.com.au> writes:
>
> >Anumber of Hornsby drivers have told me that there always used to be to
> >medium indications before getting a turnout, but after the new 80 km/h
> >turnouts were installed, there was only one.
>
> By 'medium indications', you presumably mean 'more than one medium
> indication', right? The rules only require one, and I guess in times past
> there would have only been one (probably before Strathfield Perspex was
> built and the then-old signalling replaced).

Two (or more) medium indications are required if the signals are too close for the
minumum braking distance.  In the case of Concord West, there used to be two medium
indications before the turnout into the up refuge.  When they installed the new high
speed points, one of these medium indications was removed, meaning there was now only
one.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au