Re: 3830 + 4401 to Yulefest at Katoomba

Don Allitt <nahgfa@zeta.org.au> wrote in message
37A422A0.B3684317@zeta.org.au">news:37A422A0.B3684317@zeta.org.au...
> O.K.That is clear, but why did they not want the carriages to turn as on
> previous trips.Don

I wasn't on this trip, but I was on one many years ago where the train WAS
turned (on the triangle at Pelton Colliery, 1980-12-07). This does mean that
a passenger in a given seat sees, on the return journey, the scenery on the
opposite side of the line to what they saw on the forward journey. But it
also means that passengers who were seated "back to the engine" on the
outward trip, and who were looking forward (as I was) to being "facing" on
the return, are disappointed. So, I would vote AGAINST turning the train, as
a general rule.

Rgds

Ron BESDANSKY (formerly Ron BEST)