Re: Another RSA worker killed

David Johnson wrote:

> Bill wrote:
>
> > Really? Whose job is it to train and supervise the staff? Are you serious that
> > Cityrail management can simply shrug their shoulders and say "The silly bugger
> > shouldn't have stepped out".
>
> CityRail can, because he was not employed by CityRail.  I should imagine he was
> employed by RSA under contract to RAC on RAC property and got hit by an SRA train.

That is an interesting response to me, David, because New Zealand's Health and Safety
in Employment Act specifically prevents an employer "contracting out" safety. An
employer is currently before Courts here because he did not ensure that a contractor
on his premises was using safe practices. Two of the contractor's men died. (The
contractor is also charged under the Act).

Bill