Re: Another RSA worker killed

Bill wrote:

Ok, so who is doing the training? Who has responsibility for
supervision? Was the loco engineer aware that there might be track
staff around? Are there any factors in remuneration packages that
lead to a careless attitude (eg bonuses on production,
irrespective of safe-work methods)? Were the safework instructions
adequate? If they were, was there a violation of the rules? If
they were not, what changes need to be made.

Your attitude towards the death of a track worker seems somewhat
dismissive to me.

Bill

No not dismissive just pissed off. I almost killed a bloke at Sydenham the day before this incident. I don't know if its the same bloke but this guy is bent over the rail working, no lookout or protection.
I blow the horn and he still sits there like a shag on a rock. The inspector with me had words to say.

On the East Hills line, those contractor clowns doing a weld, we come around a bend at 80kph we stopped in time but only just. Once again no protection.

The solution is the same to a lot of other problems on the network. We need more staff.
People think that the magic orange vest will make them invincible, guess what? It won't.

rgds